site en français
site en anglais
Le confluent par Emmanuel PAPELIER
Le confluent par Emmanuel PAPELIER
Coucher de soleil par Christine DELBOUIS
Coucher de soleil par Christine DELBOUIS
La passerelle par Laurence RAVILY
La passerelle par Laurence RAVILY
Le Loing (S. DISSOUBRAY)
Le Loing (S. DISSOUBRAY)
Saint-Mammès enneigée (vue de Champagne sur Seine)
Saint-Mammès enneigée (vue de Champagne sur Seine)
Halte fluviale
Halte fluviale
Ecluse
Ecluse
Quai de la Croix Blanche
Quai de la Croix Blanche
The lock

Located on the Loing river, the Saint-Mammès lock was built in 1724. It is an exception on the Loing canal as it has embanked walls and is not stone-faced.

JPEG - 10 kb
L’écluse au début du XXème siècle
The lock in the early twentieth century
JPEG - 13.3 kb
Ecluse avant réhabilitation
Lock before rehabilitation
JPEG - 8.6 kb
Ecluse après réhabilitation
Lock after rehabilitation

With a length of 30 meters, building started 1724 and it is extended by a dam. In 1890, it was enlarged to accommodate boats with a length of 38.50 meters. A reproduction of one of the mobile elements of the old dam was created to present its particular process. The principle was simple : these elements were side by side, allowing a dam to be formed, with a bridge above to cross over the canal or to enable lock keepers to manoeuver the panels. It is no longer in use, but remains an important element of our common waterway heritage.

In the context of its preservation, the municipal council decided to have it restored just as it was before. The main stages of reconstruction in the first half of 2013 were :
- Desilting of the airlock (between the two lock gates),
- Renovation of two existing lock doors,
- Recovery of sandstone pavements on the dock and the pier,
- Replacement of the existing lock path with a new one (width of 1.40 meters without projection)
- Building of a gatehouse identical to the original one (dressing with earthenware plates, covered by slate roof), facing the gatehouse located on the opposite bank of the Loing, which was also in use when the lock and dam existed.
- Installation of information panels relating the lock’s history, how it operated and generally the history of the Loing canal.

La guérite de l'éclusier The lock keeper's gatehouse L'écluse dans sa longueur The lock in its length Une porte de l'écluse One of the lock's doors L'écluse et le Jonor The lock and the barge "Le Jonor" L'écluse côté Moret sur Loing The lock on Moret sur Loing's side
EVENTS
August
10
Fête Foraine
Du Saturday 10 August 2019 au Sunday 18 August 2019

Quai de Seine et place de la Bosse

August
17
Feu d’artifice
Saturday 17 August 2019 de 22:30 à 23:30

Quai de Seine

August
24
Concours de pétanque
Saturday 24 August 2019 de 14:00 à 18:00

Aire du bord de Seine - chemin des Prés

> Following appointements
Direct access